All my roads since 2007 have led to Africa. I'm finally back and this time it's GHANA.
I went to live closer to the equator to see if the paths I have chosen do not lead me to a dead end. For the question isn't what good have I done, the question is what good can I still do and what good can I do now.
And that's what I went to learn.

EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. LEARN. DO.

Monday, June 21, 2010

African TV

I think I haven’t watched so much TV in the last year as in the last few days since I got here. African TV is interesting (and I say African because it’s not just Ghanaian, but also Nigerian, and they’re showing African movies from the whole continent). Well, the first movie I got to see was called something like Family Disgrace and I thought – wow, that’s awful! People sleeping with other people, mostly men forcing women to have sex with them, and that’s pretty much all there was. They didn’t really show anything, but it was pretty clear what was going on. Just wow. Like really?

But then, to be fair, it got better. The quality is pretty much the same as everywhere and often the content is very global – Oprah, Friends and all such things. It’s kind of funny – I, living without a TV for so long, come to Africa and watches so much TV in just 3 days. It almost feels like coming to South Africa and having my own bathroom for the first (and so far only) time in my life. Africa never ceases to surprise me. J

And when talking about TV, I cannot forget the event of the biggest - THE WORLD CUP! I’m so happy to be in Africa for the African World Cup. We watched the concert, we watched the opening ceremony, we watched some of the games. And we’re going to watch the Black Stars (hopefully) winning, too! Let’s go, Ghana Black Stars! J

0 comments:

Post a Comment