All my roads since 2007 have led to Africa. I'm finally back and this time it's GHANA.
I went to live closer to the equator to see if the paths I have chosen do not lead me to a dead end. For the question isn't what good have I done, the question is what good can I still do and what good can I do now.
And that's what I went to learn.

EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. LEARN. DO.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Work ethic

I have to say that I'm being unfair, probably. Because I keep saying that work ethic here is awful but well, work ethic at my work place is awful, which doesn't mean it's everywhere (although I'm gonna be politically incorrect and will say that I think that bad work ethic is a common thing here and might be one of the reasons for underdevelopment). The people selling stuff on the road (traders, they're called) must work really hard to actually earn a little money and I can tell you - they don't do the kind of job I'd like to do. So here is my solution - stop paying people by an hour and start paying them for what they actually do. Thus you'll save money on paying people for sleeping in the office. And things might get done. Just a thought... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment